About William M. Mills
Mr. Mills has extensive experience in federal, state and local taxation; estate planning, and probate and trust administration; charitable foundations and charitable tax planning; counseling high net worth and/or high income clients as to tax and estate planning strategies; and working with closely-held corporations and medical and other professional corporations, and their owners, on their corporate and succession planning matters.
Mr. Mills is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan (member, Estate Planning and Probate Section), Ohio State (member, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section) and American (member, Tax Section and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section) Bar Associations. He is also a member of the Estate Planning Council of Cleveland and the Estate Planning Advisory Council–Case Western Reserve University.
Mr. Mills serves as a member of the Board of Elders at Parkside Church in Bainbridge, Ohio.
Mr. Mills received his undergraduate degree in 1972 from Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, where he graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, and earned his J.D. degree in 1975 from Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York.
Past Employment Positions:
- Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP, Cleveland, Partner
- Berick, Pearlman & Mills Co., L.P.A., Partner
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Sections on Estate Planning and Probate, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Sections on Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, Member
- American Bar Association, Sections on Tax, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Member
- Estate Planning Council of Cleveland, Member
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell , 2011