About Paul J. Singerman
Mr. Singerman has extensive experience in real estate and business transactions. Mr. Singerman represents residential and commercial developers in connection with all aspects of their real estate acquisitions and development in his real estate practice. Mr. Singerman counsels developers and acquirers of low-income housing projects, assisting such clients with all aspects of their transactions, including low-income housing tax credit syndications, tax-exempt and taxable bond financing and HUD/FHA assisted financing. Mr. Singerman also represents developers utilizing historic tax credits and new market tax credits in the financing of their projects. In his commercial loan transaction practice, Mr. Singerman represents financial institutions and borrowers in connection with the documentation and restructuring of real estate and commercial lending transactions. Mr. Singerman also acts as general counsel and advisor to closely-held businesses, advising businesses and owners in all aspects of the business including employment matters, business contracts, mergers, acquisitions and dispositions.
Mr. Singerman is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan (member, Corporation, Banking and Business Section and Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section), Ohio State and American (member, Business Law Section and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section) Bar Associations. Mr. Singerman has been the Chair of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Real Estate Institute and has lectured numerous times on lending and real estate related matters.
Mr. Singerman has been named an “Ohio Superlawyer” by Cincinnati Magazine every year since 2004 and was named Cleveland Real Estate Lawyer of the Year for 2019. Mr. Singerman also has been named in The Best Lawyers in America every year since 2007.
Mr. Singerman received his B.A. degree from Case Western Reserve University in 1980 and his J.D. degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where he graduated Order of the Coif, in 1983.
Mr. Singerman is extensively involved with community and charitable organizations. He is a Member of the Board of Directors and a Vice Chair of the Cleveland Jewish Publication Company, a Past President and a member of the Board of Directors of the Cleveland Jewish News Foundation. Mr. Singerman also is a member of the Board of Trustees and an executive officer of the Cleveland National Air Show. Mr. Singerman is an ex-officio member of the Board of Trustees and is a past President of Temple Israel/Ner Tamid in Mayfield Heights, Ohio.
Past Employment Positions:
- Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP, Cleveland, Partner
- Berick, Pearlman & Mills Co., L.P.A., Partner
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Sections on Corporation, Bankruptcy, Commercial Law, Banking and Business, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Sections on Business Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Member
- American Bar Association, Sections on Business Law Section, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Member
- Temple Israel Ner Tamid, 1990-Present, Trustee, 2001-2003, President
- Cleveland Jewish News Foundation, 2012-Present, Board Member
- Cleveland National Air Show 2010-Present, Trustee
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2007 - 2021
- Ohio Superlawyer, Cincinnati Magazine, 2004 - 2020