About Edmund G. Kauntz
In addition to his primary practice areas, Mr. Kauntz has experience in historic, new markets and low income housing tax credits; tax deferred like-kind exchanges; probate and trust administration; charitable foundations; counseling high net worth and/or high income clients as to tax and estate planning strategies; structuring, restructuring, general corporate and succession planning matters for closely held businesses.
Mr. Kauntz is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan (member, Estate Planning and Probate Section), Ohio State (member, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section) and American (member, Tax Section and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section) Bar Associations.
Mr. Kauntz received his B.S. degree in accounting from Case Western Reserve University in 1984, where he graduated summa cum laude, and earned his J.D. degree in 1987 from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude and Order of the Coif.
Past Employment Positions:
- Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP, Cleveland, Partner
- Berick, Pearlman & Mills Co., L.P.A., Partner
- Beta Alpha Psi
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Sections, Member
- American Bar Association,Sections on Tax, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Member
- BV® Distinguished™ Martindale-Hubbell