About Christopher O’Connell
Mr. O’Connell focuses his practice on commercial, contract, real estate, and general litigation. Prior to joining Singerman, Mills, Desberg & Kauntz Co., L.P.A., he was an associate with a mid-size corporate and transactional firm, where he practiced in the areas of commercial litigation, employment law, real estate, tax complaints, and construction disputes. Mr. O’Connell has represented clients before various state and federal courts as well as administrative agencies. In his practice, he is experienced in both plaintiff’s side and defendant’s side litigation and has represented privately held companies from various business segments, including those in mortgage, construction, healthcare, manufacturing, retail and entertainment sectors.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. O’Connell served five years as an infantry officer in the United States Marine Corps.
Mr. O’Connell is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan and Ohio State Bar Associations.
Mr. O’Connell received his undergraduate degree from The Citadel in 1993, and earned his J.D. degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2002.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Heartland Home Finance, Inc. v. Allied Home Mortg. Capital Corp, (N.D. Ohio), 2007 WL 436048 (Case No. 1:05CV2659
- Royal Internatl., L.L.C. v. CMA CGM, (Am.) (5th Dist.), 2007-Ohio-6579
- In re GMS Mgt. Co., Inc v. Unpaid Court Costs, Fees & Delinquencies, (7th Dist.), 187 Ohio App.3d 426
- Stark 1350, LLC v. Pappadakis, CV-10-718157, (Cuy. C.P. January 1, 2011)
- Fiduciary Trust Co. v. Bigley, (11th Dist.), 2014-Ohio-1373
- 810 Properties VII, L.L.P. v. Sukenik, (8th Dist.), 2020-Ohio-1623