About Ronald J. Teplitzky
Mr. Teplitzky has extensive experience in documenting commercial loan transactions and general business law. He represents numerous financial institutions in connection with the documentation and restructuring of commercial lending transactions. He also represents corporate clients in mergers and acquisitions as well as general business matters. Mr. Teplitzky also has extensive experience in business divorces involving closely held businesses.
Mr. Teplitzky is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan, Ohio State and American Bar Associations. Mr. Teplitzky has lectured before several groups on lending and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Teplitzky is the Chair of the Ohio University Alumni Association. He is the Alumni Representative for the Ohio University Board of Trustees. Additionally, Mr. Teplitzky is a Member of the Board of Directors of Hillel at Ohio University.
Mr. Teplitzky was named an “Ohio Superlawyer” by Cincinnati Magazine in 2004-2006, 2008-2019 and 2022, and was named in The Best Lawyers in America for 2006-2023. Mr. Teplitzky was listed in Chambers USA Leading Lawyers, in the area of banking and finance for 2006-2020. In 2015, he was named Best Lawyers’ 2015 Cleveland Banking and Finance “Lawyer of the Year”.
Mr. Teplitzky received his B.A. degree, summa cum laude, from Ohio University in 1984, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He received his J.D. degree, magna cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1987, where he achieved The Order of the Coif distinction.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- OUAA Board of Directors, Vice Chair
- Ohio University Foundation Board of Trustees, Member
- Hillel at Ohio University, Board of Directors, Member
- Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland, Security Committee Member
- Ohio Superlawyer, Cincinnati Magazine, 2004-2006, 2008-2019, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2006-2023
- Chambers USA Leading Lawyers, 2006-2020