About Troy R. Brown
Mr. Brown was a partner in the Cleveland office of Thompson Hine, LLP prior to joining Singerman, Mills, Desberg & Kauntz Co., L.P.A.
Mr. Brown has extensive experience in the representation of shopping center developers, owners, and managers, as well as lenders and the retail occupants of shopping center properties throughout the United States. He also regularly represents the various interests involved in the development of local and regional office, industrial, condominium and other residential properties, as well as the real estate aspects of corporate acquisitions and divestitures, particularly those involving multiple properties and jurisdictions, land use regulation and permitting, and governmental assistance to development.
Mr. Brown is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan, Ohio State, Wisconsin State and American Bar Associations, as well as their respective Sections involving real estate law and related matters. He is also a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Mr. Brown is a frequent presenter on commercial real estate subjects at various bar associations, and the US Law Conferences and regional symposia of the International Council of Shopping Centers. He has been named among The Best Lawyers in America as a real estate practitioner every year since 2005.
Mr. Brown received his Bachelor of Science degree with Senior Honors in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin in 1968, and a Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Wisconsin, School of Law in 1972.
Past Employment Positions:
- Cleveland Office of Thompson Hine, LLP, Partner
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Real Estate Law Section, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Real Estate and Corporate Counsel Sections, Member
- Wisconsin State Bar Association, Sections on Business Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Construction Industry Forum, Member
- American Bar Association, Sections on Business Law, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Construction Industry Forum, Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell
- Who's Who in Executives and Professionals, 2003 - 2004
- Best Lawyers in America, 2005 - 2019