Prior to founding Singerman, Mills, Desberg & Kauntz, Mr. Mills was a partner in the Cleveland office of Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP and Berick, Pearlman & Mills Co., L.P.A.
Mr. Mills has extensive experience in federal, state and local taxation, estate planning, and probate and trust administration, charitable foundations and charitable tax planning, counseling high net worth and/or high income clients as to tax and estate planning strategies, and working with closely-held corporations and medical and other professional corporations, and their owners, on their corporate and succession planning matters.
Mr. Mills is a member of the Cleveland (member, Estate Planning and Probate Section), Ohio State (member, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section) and American (member, Tax Section and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section) Bar Associations. He is also a member of the Estate Planning Council of Cleveland.
Mr. Mills received his undergraduate degree in 1972 from Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, where he graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, and earned his J.D. degree in 1975 from Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Member
- Estate Planning Council of Cleveland, Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Squire, Sanders & Dempsey LLP, Cleveland, Partner
- Berick, Pearlman & Mills Co., L.P.A., Partner
- Ohio, 1975
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York, 1975
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, 197
Honors: Magna Cum Laude Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Honors and Awards
AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell , 2011